Re: font-size and accents, again

From: Matthew Brealey <thelawnet@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:26:14 -0800
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Todd Fahrner wrote:
>The bottom of the following document suggests various values for the
>leading, depending not only on the em, but also on the width of the
>column of text:
>
>   http://css.nu/articles/typograph1-en.html

Yes - good stuff. I would add that fonts with large ex-heights
relative to em (aspects) tend to require more leading than otherwise,
since relatively generous ascent/descent is optically akin to
leading.

It strikes me that the definition of font-size: normal is wrong.

When I read the footnote on the suggested page, I thought 'Yeah, but
what about the font's x-height'.

But then I realised that <normal> doesn't vary according to the x-height
either, and that this might be wrong.