Re: CSS2 Test Suite: Selectors draft

From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:02:30 +0100 (MET)
To: emeyer@sr71.lit.cwru.edu (Eric A. Meyer)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> Hello all,
>
>    Well, we're finally underway with the CSS2 Test Suite.  The first
> "module" is now available for comment:
>
>    http://www.cwru.edu/dms/homes/eam3/css2/
>
> Please make note of the very obvious warning paragraph at the top of that
> page, and take it to heart.  Then feel free to roam through the tests and
> comment on them by posting to this list.  I'm especially interested in
> catching any errors, of course, but this is also an excellent time to make
> suggestions, general comments, propose additional tests, and so on.
>    I intend to move forward by taking the specification a "module" at a
> time, where "module" is currently defined as a chapter of the CSS2
> specification.  (The modularization of CSS3 may or may not have an impact
> on this definition.)  I don't have a firm schedule, but I hope to release a
> new module roughly every fifteen business days.
>
> --
> Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
>  Editor, Style Sheets Reference Guide  http://style.webreview.com/
>  Coordinator, CSS1 Test Suite          http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/
>  Member, WSP CSS Technical Committee   http://www.webstandards.org/

Yeah !!! (and I know how hard it is to write a Test Suite ;-)

Comment on lang() test [1] :

	The lang() pseudo is explicitely described as equivalent
	to the " |= " notation. So it should also test dialects.
	I suggest adding a third paragraph with language "de_ch"
	(is it legal for swiss-german ?) for example and see if
	it becomes purple.

[1] http://www.cwru.edu/dms/homes/eam3/css2/sec05-11-04.htm

</Daniel>