Re: default

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:21:59 -0500 (EST), Michael Hamm
(msh210@is7.nyu.edu) wrote:
> element. Then in CSS as it stands now, I'd have to specify very many
> properties (i.e., ins{color:inherit;background-color:inherit;etc:etc}).
> Wouldn't it be wise to have a property called "all" (or the like), so that
> I could specify ins{all:inherit;font-weight:bolder}?

You wouldn't want to specify 'inherit' for all properties - think about
width, vertical-align, etc.  What you would want instead is something
that says reset all properties to their default (whether it is
inheritance or some value).  I'm not sure if such a declaration would
be a good idea, since it could cause strange forward-compatibility
problems (if things the author didn't expect to be under the control of
CSS came under the control of CSS, for example, whether a user could
interact with an element).

David

L. David Baron    Sophomore, Harvard (Physics)    dbaron@fas.harvard.edu
Links, SatPix, CSS, etc.     <URL: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >