Re: CSS3: font-style

From: Andrew n marshall <amarshal@usc.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
cc: Jean-Michel Leon <jmleon@eng.sun.com>

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 1999, Andrew n marshall wrote:
> Well, font-style is a special case. With colour, you can set each
> different element to a different colour and then if they are nested
> then there is no problem.

Color has THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS: there is no way to specify the
attribute relative to a parent (such as bluer, greener brighter...),
therefore you cannot gaurantee an attribute you assign a rule will be
different that its parent style after you conside the last style-sheet in
the cascade.

> Exactly. That is why this is a good feature. (Maybe what we need is
> not so much "toggle" as "toggle-italic" and "toggle-oblique".)

"toggle-italic" and "toggle-oblique" would be an excellent idea!

Andrew n marshall
 student - artist - programmer
  "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"