Another Mac IE 4.5/5.0 difference

From: <Jeff@Ratliff.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:28:24 -0000
To: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>
Here's a different difference. I'll try hard to make this example valid :-|
I apologize up front for my imprecise vocabulary and ask for your
understanding.

This stylesheet specification:

body

 margin: 1em 3em 1em 0em;
}

causes IE 4.5 to display a horizontal scroll bar on a page that has a
paragraph of wrapping text. IE 5.0 does not display this scroll bar.

If the 3em right margin is set to 0, the scroll bar in IE 4.5 disappears.

I realize that this difference came to my attention because I set body
margins and I remember the implication that one should refrain from doing
that if possible. How else can a left margin be generated and be true to the
idea of separating formatting and content?

I couldn't help but notice this code:
BODY

  margin-left: 7%;
}