page-break-within rant

From: George Alliger <george.alliger@ecgweb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:53:22 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>
We are developing an application for which printing of HTML pages is
essential, and it disconcerting to have so little control over printing. In
particular, without being able to stipulate for a block of print, or for an
image, or for a table, that you do NOT want a page break any where within
it, there is very little control over output. I hope Microsoft realizes that
page-break-before and page-break-after are insufficient.  -- George