Re: Italic

From: Nicolas Lesbats <nlesbats@etu.utc.fr>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:56:49 +0100 (MET)
To: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr>
cc: www-style@w3.org
| > I think another value could be added to the font-style property, which
| > would be :
| >
| > E { font-style: reverse(italic, normal) }
|
| 	toggle() is better word.

Sorry for the english mistakes... ;-)

| > Problem : if you have, for example
| >
| > P.note { font-style: italic }
| >
| > any <EM> element within a paragraph with class="note" attribute won't be
| > visible.
|
| I don't understand. Why don't you just write
|
| 	P.note { font-style: italic }
| 	EM { font-style: italic }
| 	P.note EM { font-style : normal}
| 	P.note EM EM { font-style : italic }

Do you really think that is a good solution ?? You have a lot of tags
which are rendered italic. Suppose you have ten tags like Em. You will
have to write about 100 lines like this above !

And stylesheets are cascading, you cannot know the exact rendering of a
tag (for instance because of a user stylesheet).

I really believe that there is something to do.