Re: [stds] Official statement from Microsoft concerning CSS, XSL andUS Pate nt No. 5,860,073

From: Paul Brazelton <pbrazelton@ptscvc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:56:19 -0500 (EST)
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
CC: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>, standards@mercury.projectcool.com
This is probably off-topic, and I encourage y'all to flame me, but I've been
curious about something...

Do other countries honor US patent law?  What's to stop non-US companies from
cheerfully violating what is essentially a US-specific regulation?  On the same
thread, why is a US company in charge of all domains world-wide?

It just seems that discussion of the Internet is always centered on the US and
its policies.

--
Regards,

Paul Brazelton