Re: a simple question

From: Nicolas Lesbats <nlesbats@etu.utc.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:04:22 +0100 (MET)
To: Ignacio Javier <ignacio.gomez@dicoruna.es>
cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Ignacio Javier wrote:

| Where in the CSS-1 or 2 specs is described the following situation:

| h1 {
|     docprop1:onepropvalue;
|     docprop2:anotherpropvalue
|     }
|
| h1.myclass {
|     docprop1:overrridingonepropvalue;
|     }
| <h1 class="myclass">hi</h1>
|
| Will be docprop2 inherited by the <h1> element with myclass as seletor?

I mean yes. For instance, you can write :

H1 {
	font-size: 2.5em;
}
H1 {
	color: green}

and the two properties will be applied. Your selector will modify the
first property applied to H1, but since it doesn't notify the second,
docprop2 will be applied without changes.

It would be impossible to create good stylesheets if it doesn't run like
that...

			Nico