a 'base' property

From: Nicolas Lesbats <nlesbats@etu.utc.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:00:51 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

I think that we need a 'base' property, similar to the <base href="..." />
element in HTML, which will define on which a relative address is relative
to (humpf... I think there is grammar mistake in my sentence...).

The property would accept a string value, and two predefined value : one
referring to the document source ('source', 'origin', ... ?), and another
referring to the stylesheet path.

Don't know if this is necessary for replaced elements :

	img { content: replaced(attr(src));
	      base: document-source }

(a url() value always refers to the stylesheet source, not to the
document source, and this can be a problem)

If yes, multiple base settings would be allowed.

And, of course, the property would be inherited.

				Nico

--
Nicolas Lesbats - nlesbats@etu.utc.fr
85 r. Carnot 60200 Compiegne - France