AW: About selection on propierties based on itself (that is, prop ierties as selectors)

From: Axel Dahmen <a.dahmen@infozoom.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:48:53 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
IMHO you've got something wrong here.

There is no precedence by any priority in this example. The "margin-left"
property is just written *behind* the other property. They both apply for
the same set of elements, so the last one wins. It's just like writing files
with the same name on a disk - the last one wins.

Imagine shorthand properties as being simple macros which are expanded by
the parser before any interpretation takes place. They just aren't
recognised as independent element.