Text Rotation (oh NOT again)

From: John Buell <dadaist@peak.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:26:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
Yeah I know I have a one-track mind about this, but it's something that I
really want to see happen.  After looking at some old Dada posters I decided
that it would not only be cool to be able to rotate text in a straight line
along a given angle (something like: <div text-rotate="90" dir="left">), but
also to be able to rotate text within a curve (which would be more like
So you could have text fall within a circle or an ellipse, or other curves,
with a given radius (or distance to a focal point), and also have that text
placed on the inside or the outside of the curve.
For a graphic representation of what I'm talking about, please refer to
http://www.peak.org/~dadaist/Art/poster.gif (it's about a 62KB image), a
scanned copy of the poster for the 1923 play "The Bearded Heart."
Comments on feasibility would be greatly appreciated.

-John
--
$  John D. Buell - dadaist@peak.org     $ Personal Web Page:                  $
$                - dadaist@netscape.net $ http://members.tripod.com/dadaist/  $