Suggestion about multi-column

From: Sidoine de Wispelaere <sidoine@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:46:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Hello,

I've read the proposal for multi-column layout in CSS, and I think that
there could be a better way to implement it.
I think that a style like "overflow-to" would be better.
Example :
(there I use a table, but positionning could be better)
The HTML displayer distribute the text between the two paragraphs.

It can be used with more columns, like this :

(or perhaps "overflow-to:col2,col3" is better)

This style could be used for other things :

<h3>"Cite"</h3>
"Cite" is a line inserted in the text.

And so and so...

I think that this idea could be developped in a better manner, but what do
you about it ?

Thanks for reading this, my bad english shouldn't make it easier to
understand.

Sidoine de Wispelaere
sidoine@wanadoo.fr