printing CSS documents

From: Ron Rice <ron@persimmon.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:24:59 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
My apologies if this is not appropriate for the group, but I have a
question about the relationship between CSS and the browser's print
functionality. It appears that the current browsers are unable to print
HTML documents that are formatted with CSS rules. Is this a browser
limitation that we can expect to improve over time, or is it a more
fundamental problem with the nature of CSS? Has W3C published anything
related to print capabilities?

Thanks very much.
--
Ron Rice