Re: Specificity of STYLE attribute

"L. David Baron" wrote:
> No browser supports this.
> I wrote a test [2] for the current rule, and NGLayout, Opera 3.51, and
> MSIE 5.0 beta 2 all fail in the same way, by having the style attribute
> override all the time (which is the behavior I want).  (Netscape
> Navigator 4.5 failed in a strange way.)
>
> I think the rule should be changed so that the STYLE attribute has a
> specificity of 1000, so that it always wins.

OK, now re-examine that given the introduction of the inherit value on
most properties, and the revision of priorities so that !important
stylesheets always win.

We specifically want a !important user stylesheet to be able to blow
away finely granular styling that the document author set up.

--
Chris