Re: background-Image Problem with Netscape Communicator 4.7

At 9:37 AM -0800 12/7/99, Larsen, Gregory A wrote:
>The following HTML has a background image in IE 5.00, but not in
>Netscape Communicator 4.7.  What am I doing wrong?

This is the wrong forum for authoring help.

But I see the problem: you are using an underscore in your class
selector name. This is illegal, and Netscape is correctly rejecting
the rule. MSIE is incorrectly recognizing it, leading you to think
that perhaps Netscape is broken in this regard (as in so many others).

Microsoft has gotten and will continue to get itself into lots of
trouble with such lenient error-handling. See
http://www.webstandards.org/css/winie/#Incorrect_Error_Handling .

--
Todd Fahrner
http://style.metrius.com/

The printed page transcends space and time. The printed page, the
infinitude of books, must be transcended. THE ELECTRO-LIBRARY.

  - El Lissitzky, 1923