From: Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 05:59:36 -0800
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
>From: Matthew Brealey
>Date: Fri, Nov 26, 1999, 5:23 AM

Thank you for the constructive feedback on the CSS UI working drafft.

> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-userint#summary :
>> As a result, the rendering behaviors of the following
>> fourteen HTML4 tags and three HTML4
>> attributes could be deprecated:

> I don't think so.

The summary specifically states that the *rendering* behaviors can be

> For example:
> DIV.field {
>  color: fieldText;
>  background: field;
>  border: fieldBorder;
>  font: field;
>  display: inline-block;
>  user-modify: read-write;
>  user-select: text;
> }
> How does the form processor make use of this - what is
> the DIV.field's NAME?

Yes, you are correct, the CSS UI working draft says nothing of what the form
processor makes use of.

As stated in the Scope section

"what specifically is believed to be outside the scope of CSS, or better
suited to document structure rather than style and therefore not addressed by
this proposal:
  * Form semantics, including, but not limited to, submission, resetting,
naming, what determines being successful or valid, and how to process form

> Just add:
> [processor-]reference: "name of element";

That could certainly work to solve the problem, but I think the
Forms-Semantics needs you brought up are more appropriately addressed by the
excellent work being done in the Forms subgroup of the HTML working group: