Re: Cursor/pointer image?

At 09:07a -0500 12/03/99, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>At 1:45 -0800 12/02/1999, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>
>  >Hummm... for <uri>, is there a x-platform spec for the cursor data format?
>
>    Okay, does anyone know the answer to this one (yet)?  I'm going to have
>to test 'cursor: <uri>' in the CSS2 test suite, and I'd like to provide a
>test which everyone can pass without having to do browser sniffing.  For
>that matter, does anyone know of a cross-platform cursor format which
>incorporates animation?

Maybe it's time to create one. :-)

I've started sketching out a file format based on the discussion thus far.
If any technically-inclined people (e.g., who enjoy designing file formats)
would like to participate, send me a private email (since this is rather
beyond the scope of www-style) and I'll send you what I've got; we can then
develop it together. What fun! <g>

-Walter