Re: Text-transform: small-caps

From: Ian Graham <igraham@smaug.java.utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:00:51 -0500
To: Matthew Brealey <thelawnet@yahoo.com>
cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Except that this is not what small-caps means...

A 'small caps' transformation by definition only affects lower-case
characters -- upper case is not changed. Furthermore, the "small caps"
font used for the lower case characters is not generally the same as a
"shrunk" upper case font -- it is a true variant, with differences in
kerning, hinting, etc.

Ian