Re: Why no Parent Selector?

From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:14:30 +0100 (MET)
To: dwagner@kevric.com
Cc: Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr, www-style@w3.org
> Thanks for the link to the draft.  It is very interesting and happy-making.
>  I had composed a detailed reply with a few examples, and my email program
> crashed on attempt to send it.  In a nutshell, there seems to be nothing to
> prevent using more than one :subject pseudo-class in a single selector.
>
> 	DIV.draft:subject INS:subject {}

Good catch ! Thank you. In fact, a warning about multiple subject
selectors was included in the first version of the document but it
automagically disappeared before going public. Just a mistake. Two
choices :

	1. more than one :subject in a selector should be considered
	   as an error
	2. only the last parsed :subject selector applies

> This can be useful and help with selector brevity; it's the same as the
> following.
>
> 	DIV.draft:subject INS, DIV.draft INS {}

Brevity maybe ; readability maybe not...

</Daniel>