Re: Inserting text with CSS

From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:58:36 +0200
To: Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
CC: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, Zsolt Czinkos <czinkos@mail.matav.hu>, www-style@w3.org
Tantek Celik wrote:

> How important are :before and :after support to those on this list?  Is it a
> few isolated cases of interest or is there a broader desire for daily use?

Tantek, I can't believe that question !!!! Does MS *really* need such a user
input to implement a part of the spec MS participated in ?-(

These pseudos and the 'content' property and counters are *extremely*
important. Please understand that I have my big-MS-customer hat on,
not my css-wg-member's. Electricité de France *needs* inserted content
and counters to webify its existing SGML applications. We need that
for automatic numbering of non-adjacent elements. We need that for
automatic visual annotation of technical documents w/o modifying the
document itself.

</Daniel>