Re: Inserting text with CSS

From: Eric A. Meyer <emeyer@sr71.lit.cwru.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:44:05 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
>>From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
>
>> but no,
>> it isn't in Netscape 4.6 (or IE, to the best of my knowledge.)
>
>:before and :after support is not in WinIE5 or MacIE4.5
>
>How important are :before and :after support to those on this list?  Is it a
>few isolated cases of interest or is there a broader desire for daily use?

   I know of people who desperately want to use these selectors in
conjunction with XML, to label certain kinds of data in certain
environments just by writing the appropriate stylesheet for each
environment.  I would also like to put them to use in some projects, some
with HTML and some using XML.

--
Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
 Editor, Style Sheets Reference Guide  http://style.webreview.com/