Re: When font-size and font size collide

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:15:56 -0700
To: "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
At 6:50 AM -0700 8/18/99, David Perrell wrote:
>Daniel Glazman wrote:
>
> > What I am looking for is 'font-size : xx-larger'...
>
>.xxlarger { font-size: 1.73em; }

While this should produce something reasonable, it will not
necessarily be equivalent to "larger" applied twice. For such to be
the case, there'd need to be a standard interval system between
absolute size keywords (rather than a 'suggestion' of 1.2/1.5). The
relative size keywords larger and smaller traverse the absolute scale.

I am still not finished with this, but I've shared enough in other
fora that I shouldn't hesitate here, either: "Toward a standard font
size interval system" -
http://style.verso.com/font_size_intervals/altintervals.html