Re: When font-size and font size collide

From: Steve Mulder <smulder@tsdesign.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:04:29 -0400
To: James Green <www-style@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk>, www-style@w3c.org
Yup, that would be a lovely little browser bug.

According to the spec, HTML stylings (like FONT SIZE) should be treated
with less specificity than all CSS rules. Thus, the CSS *should* override
the HTML.

One solution is to apply the CSS to FONT instead of to P. Better yet,
define a class to use with FONT. That seems to work fine in the browsers.

steve