RE: Speak-Punctuation

Maybe "The title attribute of these elements may be used to provide the full
or expanded form of the expression." should be rephrased as "The title
attribute of these elements IS used to provide etc."

It's just semantics, but it has the effect of stating a purpose rather than
making a stylistic suggestion to authors.