RE: Speak-Punctuation

I don't think this is really a question of accent.
It's not even about pronunciation. It's a matter
of interpretation. There are times when a "." is
a period and times when it is a decimal point.
There is a special case of the decimal point where
it is interpreted as cents.

The problem is that the special case is more
complicated than it looks--just looking for the
presence of a dollar sign doesn't cut it. I've never
heard anyone read "$10.32" as ten point three
two dollars, but I have heard "$10.32 million" as
ten point three two million dollars.

I guess some sort of ALT-like attribute in the
markup is the only real solution for special cases
like this.