Re: New Working Draft : BECSS

From: Sue Sims <sue@css.nu>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 18:01:53 GMT
To: www-style@w3.org
The W3C CSS lint reports (on an embedded declaration):

Parse error - Unrecognized : // Stolen from CSS2 Recommendation
DIV.propdef TH { text-align: right; }

In reviewing both the text (1) of CSS2 and the grammar (2), I don't find
that the above comment syntax (//) is defined.

Minimally, I expect that W3C documents, even in draft stage, should
comply with their published recommendations; maximally, validating with
no errors *and* linted with no warnings would be inspiring.

(1) http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#comments
(2) http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/grammar.html#q1