Re: New WD: CSS3 selectors

George Lund wrote:

> The new draft uses a lot of blah-de-blah pseudo classes and suchlike.
> Today I also had a glance at the new SMIL draft, which specifically
> talks about replacing such things with a blahDeBlah kind of arrangement.
> Wouldn't it be better to be consistent across all the various
> technologies?
>
> If that makes any sense at all.

Well... Will such a decision remove the tons of existing stylesheets
with existing foo-of-bar pseudos ? Clearly no. Browser vendors will
have to support both writings.

Furthermore, I think that not-first-child is much more user
readable than notfirstchild. I also believe that is is much
more readable for people who are not native english speakers.

My personal opinion of course, not WG's.

</Daniel>