CSS equivalent to the NOBR tag?

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:07:57 +0200 (Europe de l'Ouest (Heure d'été))
To: "Andrew n marshall" <amarshal@usc.edu>, "W3C Style List" <www-style@w3.org>
I wrote:

 > Andrew n marshall wrote:
 >
 >  > I noticed the whitespace tag only applies to block level elements.  Is there
 >  > any equivalent to this for inline elements, similar to the use of NOBR in
 >  > HTML?
 >
 > Yes, the 'white-space' property takes a 'nowrap' value [1]. So, you
 > can e.g. say:
 >
 >    CODE { white-space: nowrap }

Whoops. I failed to read the question which correctly states that
'white-space' only applies to block-level elements. My mental map was
different but has since been corrected. Sorry.

(But, I don't immediately see any good reasons for why 'nowrap'
couldn't apply to inline elements as well. Hmm.)

-h&kon

H   ĺ   k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org      http://www.w3.org/people/howcome
World     W      i     d     e       Web  Consortium