Re: Sentence spacing and nested quotes

From: Matthew Skala <mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 13:22:31 -0500 (EST)
To: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr>
cc: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Daniel Glazman wrote:
[my quote suggestion]
> Definitely not. This can be the correct behavior ***in english***, not
> in other languages. French, Dutch (for instance) have a completely different
> std behavior.

That's why I suggested making it a configurable setting.  Just like the
rendering of the quote marks themselves, we should be able to set the
choice of quote marks for each level to be appropriate to the language
we're using.

The third girl had an upside-down penguin on       Matthew Skala
her stomach, so the doctor told her, "I'll           Ansuz BBS
examine you for free, if you and your             (250) 472-3169
boyfriend will debug my Web server."    http://www.islandnet.com/~mskala/