Re: Simple/small style sheet examples

From: Lynn Alford <Lynn.Alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:09:20 +1000 (GMT)
To: vadim@vadim.com (Vadim Akselrod)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Vadim Akselrod was once suspected of typing

> As a relative novice to CSS, I'd like to use it in some real world pages
> being built.  However, the example styles have HUGE .css files, which makes
> them impractical to include in real-world situations where every byte
> counts.  Is somebody coming up with minimal .css style files - just define
> critical things like background color, margins, and what H[1-6] look like?
> Thanks!

I played around with a simple style sheet for some pages of mine.

http://www.jcu.edu.au/~imla/eve.html is one that uses the sheet.
http://www.jcu.edu.au/~imla/game.css is the sheet itself.

I recommend Hakon Lie's Cascading Style Sheet book to really learn how
style sheet are supposed to work.  It was most helpful.

Lynn

--
lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au | More of your conversation would infect
Teaching and Staff     | my brain.  Coriolanus