Re: style assignment #2

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 1998 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: style assignment

..
>2. Suggestions for improvement to the selector/property structure of the
>"source layer" modules; i.e., everything but the descriptors.

Here are some items that I'd like to see implemented.

A) body type module
  1) add to list section
     UL LI { list-style-type: [circle|disc|none|square]; }

B) header type module
  1) Please separate LEGEND from "H5, DT, LEGEND"
      i) note: requesting 2 selector groups

C) affordances module
  1) Please separate
    a) LEGEND and "CAPTION, TH, THEAD, TFOOT" from
      "H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, DT, LEGEND, CAPTION, TH, THEAD, TFOOT"
      i) note: requesting 3 selector groups
     ii) note: CAPTION could be removed [duplicate]

    b) "VAR, CITE, DFN" and "CODE, KBD, SAMP"
      i) note: requesting individual selectors

  2) institute as separate selectors
    a) FIELDSET and .rant
      i) opinion: FIELDSET COLOR should inherit while
                  LEGEND COLOR s/b similar to FIELDSET BORDER
                  see D.vertical.2.a.i

D) composition module
 /* vertical */
  1) Please separate
    a) P and DIV from "P, DIV"
      i) note: requesting 2 selectors

  2) institute as separate selectors
    a) INPUT, FIELDSET, LEGEND, "IFRAME, OBJECT"
      i) note: FIELDSET needs the border shorthand property;
         its entry in horizontal needs NO border-[left/right]

 /* horizontal */
  1) Please separate
    a) DIV and FIELDSET from
       "ADDRESS, BLOCKQUOTE, DIV, DL, FIELDSET, FORM, OL,
        P, UL,  DIR, HR, MENU, PRE"
      i) note: ADDRESS, BLOCKQUOTE, OL, P and UL
         could be removed [duplicate]

  2) institute as separate selector
    a) LEGEND { clear: [both|left|none|right]; }

 /* vertical and  horizontal */
  1) Please separate
    b) "DIV ADDRESS, DIV BLOCKQUOTE, DIV DIV, DIV DL,
        DIV FIELDSET, DIV FORM, DIV OL, DIV P, DIV UL,
        DIV  DIR, DIV HR, DIV MENU, DIV PRE,
        DD ADDRESS, DD BLOCKQUOTE, DD DIV, DD DL,
        DD FIELDSET, DD FORM, DD OL, DD P, DD UL, DD  DIR,
        DD HR, DD MENU, DD PRE,
        LI ADDRESS, LI BLOCKQUOTE, LI DIV, LI DL, LI FIELDSET,
        LI FORM, LI OL, LI P, LI UL, LI  DIR, LI HR,
        LI MENU, LI PRE"
        into DIV, DD and LI categories.
      i) note: requesting 3 selector groups

Hope these seem reasonable to most, if not all <g>!

later,
gordon