Re: Marquee

>From: "Lawrance Family Member" <lawranc5@airmail.net>
>
>>Marquee effects, along with blink effects, should be abandoned
>>entirely. Whoever invented them should be dragged out into the street
>>and shot.
>

>Do you like Animated Gifs that clog up the server better?
>-Joey

I didn't say that. Still, anigifs have their place (which is not to say
that they aren't overused, far from it -- more than one on a page is
really pushing it). It's just that somewhat more aesthetically pleasing
effects are possible with animated GIFs than with the generally
awful-looking and limited BLINK and MARQUEE tags. Still, I wouldn't even
consider using animations for text effects. IMHO, text should stay still
so I can read it without getting a headache.

------------ "I am not a number! I am a free man!" ---------------
                                        - The Prisoner*

*or a USC student       <gwalla@planetall.com>