Re: Purpose of www-style

Sue Jordan writes:
 > Is the purpose of this list to answer CSS 'how do I...' questions?  If
 > so, then news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets seems
 > redundant.  Given the purpose stated at the W3C:
 > "This mailing list is for technical discussion on Web Style Sheets. ",
 > it may be that I've misinterpreted the phrase 'technical discussion'.

It's not for "how do I..." questions. The purpose is to help the
development of Web style sheets (CSS and XSL). For example:

  - find errors in the CSS and XSL (draft) specifications
  - suggest improvements
  - discuss new ideas
  - discuss deployment and deployment strategies
  - discuss implementation
  - offer examples and requirements
  - determine "best practice"

Of course, "how do I..." questions may sometimes be useful, especially
if they uncover a problem or ambiguity in CSS. But "how do I start
with CSS?" is not appropriate.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA
  +33 4 93 65 76 92               06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
  +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92 (<--- after 5 Jan 1998)