W3C Core Style project update

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:25:25 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
I've now got a single style.css file containing all the server-side include
code necessary for query string parsing *and* complete
UA-conditionalization of the modules.

What this means:

Stick the following in the head of any HTML document and twiddle the query
string's numerical values (1-4) to select different modules from the

With decent HTML, you should get decent results in all browsers.

The number and order of the query string items doesn't matter, nor does the
delimiter (;).

Alternatively, view the output of "style.css" directly in your browser
window, modulo:

We'll be watching our server load closely to determine the impact of all
this parse/include code. If things check out with the list, I'll document
this feature on the project description page, eventually adding a form

Of course, none of these URLs are stable, so don't get caught linking to air!

Todd Fahrner