Re: CSS Wish List - Columns

David Baron writes:

 > I have an idea about multi-column text in CSS, and I thought this list
 > would be a good place to post it, so here goes...

The CSS WG has also thought about this idea, but decided to leave it
out of CSS2. However, it is again on the list of possible enhancements
for the next level of CSS. The old proposal, from about a year ago,
can be found at:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-css-potential-19970819.html#pgfId=1037998

It doesn't seem to be very different from David Baron's, but it adds
the possibilty to specify the desired column width, instead of the
number of columns.

Even more flexible might be a way to specify columns of different
widths.

And then there is the difficult problem of floating images in columns:
where do we want them to float to? The edge of the column? The margin?
The gap between the columns?

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA