forwarded message from Eric A. Meyer

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:10:19 +0100 (MET)
To: www-style@w3.org
Eric, they found you...

attached mail follows:

>I'm trying to set the H1 style to have NO margin-bottom and 2 em
>margin-top, but Netscape leaves its default bottom margin and simply ADD
>the 2 ems to its default top margin. Isn't there some way to tell the
>browser NOT to simply add my values to its defaults.

   In a word, "no."  That's because you shouldn't have to do so.  The
browser should simply use your values, not add (or subtract or whatever)
your values to its own.  You should report this behavior to Netscape, using
their bug report form at http://help.netscape.com/forms/bug-client.html.

--
Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
 Hypermedia Systems Manager