RE: Technology preview of the Microsoft XSL Processor

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:11:31 -0800
To: "'Chad D. Zimmerman'" <chad@dabcc-www.nmsu.edu>
Cc: "'CSS&FP WG'" <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
It will certainly work with Netscape, Opera, and GNUScape (hi Bill!).  One
of the packages is a command-line utility that will work quite well to
generate HTML from XML on the server.  Since it is a command-line utility,
you should even be able to integrate it with most Windows Web servers.  The
other package is an ActiveX package that will only work with Internet
Explorer 4.0 or higher.

No, it is not currently available on the Macintosh or UNIX.  This is a
technology preview - since XSL (the open specification) is still in the very
early development stages, this is not a product, just an opportunity to take
a look at what the XSL group is talking about.

-Chris Wilson