Re: Same source multiple times with @import

From: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 17:50:29 -0500
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
CC: "'neil@bigpic.com'" <neil@bigpic.com>, www-style@w3.org
Chris Wilson wrote:
> If they're cyclic, they include their parent (or themselves) and vice-versa.
> I would propose the CSS2 spec declare that
>
> "Treating stylesheets as a tree of stylesheet nodes (the document being the
> root) if an imported stylesheet has the same URI as one of its direct
> ancestors, that import should be ignored."

I'd concur with this.  That is also what I've implemented and I  suspect
the only practical solution to cycles in the DAG.

> I believe only the cyclic problem should be addressed - multiple importing
> may have some uses.

Multiple imports should definitely remain allowed.  Imports out of order
of the contents of a stylesheet probably should remain disallowed as
they needlessly complicate things.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com