CDO and CDC in CSS1

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:36:03 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

According to the grammer in Appendix B, the following is illegal:

H1 <!-- { color: blue }

because CDO isn't allowd at that point.  Although Appendix B doesn't say
thid, I'd assume that the parser really supposed to throw out the CDO and
CDC tokens.  In that case the example given is legal (weird but legal).
Perhaps this is an example of why the UA shouldn't use this grammer
directly.  Or perhaps I'm confusing a grammer for an author to use vs the
grammer an UA should use.

What would be the correct way for a UA to handle the above example?

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"