Re: Capitalize across "span"

Matthew Lye wrote:

> A test page somewhere consisting merely of a list with each code
> alongside a description of what the character ought to look like would be
> useful for checking compliance... in general, that sort of thing would be
> useful to resolve compliance issues.  Developers might go the little
> extra distance to be fully X-compliant rather than 'X-compliant!!!' if it
> was easy to point out that actually, they weren't....  test pages might
> be a plausible W3C activity.

I'm aware of several test pages hiding around W3C servers, though none
comprehensive. I think there's been a political issue in W3C publicizing
how short of the mark member companies are falling. I hope that's changing.
It seems to me that the specif - er, the "Recommendation" itself ought to
be annotated with live examples and sample renderings of the properties
being introduced.

Todd Fahrner
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com