Re: Seeing Q&A

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 MWhisman@aol.com wrote:

>> BTW, this forum is not a question-and-answer stylesheet support
>> mailing list. It is designed for discussion of the CSS3
>> specification. Please reread the documentation that came with your
>> subscription for more details.
> Pardon my ignorance, but where would one go for Q&A on HTML & CSS?

A good place to start would probably be

(IIRC, I may have got that wrong, if so I apologise).

The CSS Pointers Group...

   http://css.nu/

...has many links you may find useful too.

> Web advances move so quickly that even the newest printed matter is
> mostly on CSS1. What better way for new users to learn than to
> benefit from the most experienced, even the inventors?
That is why many of the experienced frequent the Q&A forums, such as
the newsgroup mentioned above.

> I'm not saying this list should be for Q&A, rather that places
> offering stylesheet Q&A, teaching, and support should be publicized
> (pointed out, linked to) by the W3C and by this list.

You mean, like the following list?

   http://www.w3.org/Style/css/#learn

Surely you came across this on your way to the specification itself, no?

--
Ian Hickson