Re: Seeing Q&A

From: Ian Hickson <py8ieh@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 23:40:19 +0000 (BST)
To: MWhisman@aol.com
cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 MWhisman@aol.com wrote:

>> BTW, this forum is not a question-and-answer stylesheet support
>> mailing list. It is designed for discussion of the CSS3
>> specification. Please reread the documentation that came with your
>> subscription for more details.
> Pardon my ignorance, but where would one go for Q&A on HTML & CSS?

A good place to start would probably be

(IIRC, I may have got that wrong, if so I apologise).

The CSS Pointers Group...

...has many links you may find useful too.

> Web advances move so quickly that even the newest printed matter is
> mostly on CSS1. What better way for new users to learn than to
> benefit from the most experienced, even the inventors?
That is why many of the experienced frequent the Q&A forums, such as
the newsgroup mentioned above.

> I'm not saying this list should be for Q&A, rather that places
> offering stylesheet Q&A, teaching, and support should be publicized
> (pointed out, linked to) by the W3C and by this list.

You mean, like the following list?

Surely you came across this on your way to the specification itself, no?

Ian Hickson