Re: Gameboard - updated source a little...

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:17:13 -0500 (EST)
To: talents@mail3.bunt.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Two comments.  First, you should never have a space between a number and
its units.  That could be causing some problems.  Say "200px" instead
of "200 px".

Second, my memory (!) says that Navigator does absolute positioning
relative to the BODY, which is incorrect.  It should be done (as IE
does it) relative to the parent element.  Support for absolute
positioning in browsers right now is shaky at best, and it isn't a good
technique for a site that should have users who use whatever browser
they want.  It isn't supported at all by any browsers with version <4.0.
(I don't think Opera 3.5 does it, but I'm not sure.)  It's worth noting
that this is part of the CSS2 spec, which was not released all that long
ago.

David Baron