Re: fonts (slightly off topic)

From: Frank Boumphrey <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:15:31 -0400
To: "Lourdes Jones" <lourdes@ljones.com>, <www-style@w3.org>
Lourdes,

Good heavens, you're right! Thank you.
And I always thought it was a "browser" thing!

And for those interested here are the other substitutes (in win95)

[FontSubstitutes]
Helv=MS Sans Serif
Tms Rmn=MS Serif
Times=Times New Roman
Helvetica=Arial
MS Shell Dlg=MS Sans Serif

Just to be doubly sure in Visual Basic I wrote the following deathless code

    fontname = "helvetica"
    Print fontname

And when I compiled and ran :

The result was "Arial"

I love these lists, they expose the true depth of my ignorance every day!

Frank

Frank Boumphrey

XML and style sheet info at Http://www.hypermedic.com/style/index.htm