RE: Style sheet and Netscape

The behavior of inheritance is covered in section 1.3 of the CSS1 spec.
"Color" is a property that inherits, and therefore the color for an element
will, unless otherwise specified, inherit the color of the parent element.
In the example presented, BODY is the parent element of FONT.

> > In this case, it *is* specified.
>
> Yes, but as a markup attribute, that shall be converted into an
> approriate part of the author stylesheet to go _before_ the rest
> of the style definitions.
>
> What would the result of that conversion be in CSS terms?

I detailed exactly this in the posting I referred you to in my previous
response. Since the list has just seen it, I will forward it to you
off-list.

Braden