Re: Section 8.2 - Example of margins, padding, and borders

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, jon seymour wrote:

> Re: http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-CSS2/box.html#mpb-examples
>
> I wonder if the example (boxdimeg.gif) is perhaps a little misleading,
> because it appears as if the margin has been rendered in orange when, in
> fact, it should be transparent. In which case, I presume, the area
> containing the margin of the UL element should be rendered in the
> backround colour of the containing element, in this case BODY which does
> not have a background colour specified.
>
> Of course, it is possible that I have misinterpreted the diagram used in
> the example, and the outer region of the orange rectangle is not, in
> fact, the margin of the UL element.

You're right, the diagram is misleading. The margin of the UL is
better drawn without the orange color.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA
  +33 4 93 65 76 92               06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
  +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92 (<--- after 5 Jan 1998)