Section 8.2 - Example of margins, padding, and borders

From: jon seymour <jon@zeta.org.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:45:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
Re: http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-CSS2/box.html#mpb-examples

I wonder if the example (boxdimeg.gif) is perhaps a little misleading,
because it appears as if the margin has been rendered in orange when, in
fact, it should be transparent. In which case, I presume, the area
containing the margin of the UL element should be rendered in the
backround colour of the containing element, in this case BODY which does
not have a background colour specified.

Of course, it is possible that I have misinterpreted the diagram used in
the example, and the outer region of the orange rectangle is not, in
fact, the margin of the UL element.

Regards,

jon seymour.