Re: Some Views on CSS

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@macvirus.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:02:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org, Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
> You're getting more style than you can handle. Try adding the
> word "safety" to the styleserver's query string to turn on
> browser-specific conditionalization, like this:
>
> javascript:void(document.createStyleSheet("http://style.verso.com/?bod
> y=1;head=1;marg=1;affo=1;comp=4;safety"))

No change for the better. MSIE 4.0a Mac, new preferences, new Explorer
folder, and new MS cache folder. Here are the example URIs:

http://www.macvirus.com/
   bottom DIV overlaps About section
http://www.macvirus.com/software/
   TABLE in right column runs off top of page

Examples of "blank" pages, where content is drawn way down the page, and
vertical scroll moves slowly. One might think there is nothing there:
http://www.infoworld.com/
http://www.macintouch.com/
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/technology/
http://www.wired.com/news/

I can make no promises but will try to find time for Core Styles after
the holiday weekend.

Susan Lesch