play-during property

From: Frank Boumphrey <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:52:33 -0700
I wonder if any one would be so kind as to provide some clarification
concerning the play-during property

In this XML document snippet
 <dramatic>
  Gustav was on his way to the war together with his companions....
  <battle>
   Suddenly, shells exploded frightening the horses...
  </battle>
 </dramatic>

Supposing the background music for <dramatic> lasted about 6 minutes, and
the battle element started after about three minutes and lasted about 10
minutes.

I set background music on the <dramatic> element with

        dramatic{play-during:url(betthov.rmi}

    My understanding is that to get the dramatic music to repeat during the
<battle> element I would have to use

        battle{play-during:inherit}

but what if I wanted to mix it with battle sounds? Then I would use

    battle{play-during:url(battle.wav mix}

So far so good, but when the original piece finished paying, would it
restart?

Should it restart if the original  had been

dramatic{play-during:url(betthov.rmi repeat}

Frank