Re: With CSS how does one ALIGN block-level elements?

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 12:13:29 -0600
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
CC: <www-style@w3.org>
> What does <DIV ALIGN=center> do that the style declaration
>  DIV { text-align: center }
> does not? I see no difference in MSIE or NSN. ALIGN is the HTML
> equivalent of text-align..

The former <DIV ALIGN=center> would make sure that all block-level
elements are centered, and that the text-alignment is centered as
well.

A TABLE is the only thing that would be centered that is block level
and doesn't just have text in it (as opposed to P or BLOCKQUOTE).
Additionally specifying <DIV ALIGN=CENTER> did not affect the
alignment of the text in the table itself, should not <DIV
STYLE="text-align: center"> center align all of the table text?

__